,

Operation: Skateramp

7:00 AM

Since this weekend we're busy doing nothing but making treats and printing T-shirts I thought I'd give you a rundown of what our Saturday consisted of LAST week.... Jake convinced me that he really needed to build a "small" 3 foot "mini-ramp" in the garage so that he had somewhere to skate all winter long. "It'll fit right at the back of the garage and I'll still be able to park my car inside," He says. I decided this seemed like a reasonable request since he does love to skate and it would mean he could use one of his Christmas gifts I got him (*ahem*) before next spring.

So, we begin...
The Hub, Me & the Tots pile in the 4runner. Borrow a trailer and head to Home Depot.

$76.31 later we return home with a very giddy husband.

He get's the plans.
Cutting the angle.
Building the spine.
"Oh wow, a 3 foot ramp is a lot bigger than I thought it would be."
Gid-Man Helping out.
Beefing it up.
Give it some skin.
(I don't know what's going on with the dots.)
The first official ride.
"If you build it, they will come."
Jake makes one phone call to his buddy Caleb W. (who isn't in the picture) and suddenly there are random people showing up to try it out. There were more than this that came later. He gets phone calls all the time wondering if they can "come skate your ramp?"

Jake is in heaven. Absolute heaven. To be honest, I'm not quite sure why I didn't give in to this request earlier. He can in fact still park his car in the garage in spite of the ramp being MUCH bigger than anticipated. All is well all around.

You Might Also Like

7 Comments

Powered by Blogger.