,

I've got a case of the mean reds....

6:19 PM

For any of you who have read Breakfast at Tiffany's...or seen the movie for that matter, you should know exactly what I mean...

I woke up this morning with the hopes of having a fantastic birthday-eve. Gideon woke smiling, I had an unusually short list of things to get done and it's only one more day until I find out what all this sneaking around Jacob has been doing is for...well I know it's for my birthday, but that's about all I've figured out. Pretty much I've been husband-less for going on 3 weeks...not a fun thing. But anyways, that's a whole other story... So I get up, eat my yogurt, life is great... until about half way through eating said yogurt Gideon starts crying and I can't figure out why, so I sing, and dance, and play, and read, and sing some more, and make him food, and yada-yada-yada. Despite all my attempts his screaming continues... So jump from about 9 to around 1. I call Jake and I'm sure he thought I was quite the grouch cuz I was just so stressed and tired of only talking to a screaming boy that I had to call SOMEBODY, I didn't care that he was working, didn't care that he was getting off soon...that didn't solve any of my problems! I still hadn't got the laundry done...or got to shower... or done the dishes.... and I really wanted everything done before my actual birthday-day. So all Jake has to say is...let him cry... and I'm thinking to myself "Are you crazy, I've been letting him cry, although against my will, for the last 4 hours!" But I do...I put him in his crib and he cried and cried and cried, while I cleaned and cleaned... and he kept crying until about 10 minutes before Jake got home... and he was just the happiest little boy ever while daddy was home, and then he (meaning Jake now) decides that he and Zach have to go to the store to get stereo equipment for Zach's truck... so I am once again left home with baby. Who starts screaming again as soon as Jake left. So now I hurt everywhere from lugging around a 25 lb kid ALL DAY LONG...I didn't realize how much the typical short naps really help my own muscles rest, even if I'm not getting to snooze like the Gid-a-nator. But,anyways, my sweet sweet momma is so good and has managed to make him happy and let me take a break from the lugging... *sigh* So I'm not making dinner, and that's just that....Jake can eat bologna. :o)

You Might Also Like

3 Comments

Powered by Blogger.