Stuff:

11:07 AM

Jake took this while we were driving home Saturday. For such a rainy-yucky day, it sure ended with a GORGEOUS sunset. Anyways... Thought I'd take a minute to share some thought.

Yesterday during sacrament meeting, one of the talks really hit home for me. The talk was about sharing talents, but more specifically recognizing and appreciating the talents we've been given so that we can share them. She talked about how so many people really don't recognize the gifts that have been given. She said something along the lines of this about herself, "I can paint a mural on a wall, but I can't just paint it white. I can sew beautiful quilts, but I can't clean a house." She then shared a quote from Atlas Shrugged.

"All work is creative work when done with a thinking mind."-Ayn Rand

I loved that. I've read the book and I remembered that she was talking about how all the work we do is valuable and can be considered a talent if we use our mind to find ways to do it better, or more efficiently, or in a more enjoyable way. Lately I've been feeling like I don't really have very many talents that are "valuable" but this talk really opened my eyes. So for my benefit, I thought I'd take some time to list some things that I know I'm good at or that I value about myself.

  • I'm a great mom. I love my kids more than anything and pretty much nothing else matters to me as long as they're happy.
  • I can cook and I love to cook
  • I can keep a clean house. I don't love to do it, but I can't function if it's not done.
  • I have a great sense of direction and rarely get lost.
  • I'm a great organizer (even if I don't always choose to organize.)
  • I'm a fast reader.
  • I'm strong-willed.
  • I can paint. Nothing is more relaxing to me than a blank canvas with no agenda. Something just for me to create whatever I want.
  • I'm a whiz at Sudoku puzzles and math in general.
  • My brain is FILLED with tons of useless trivia. Which is a great skill to have when playing that Trivia game at Dave & Busters and your husband wants to win a Fart Machine. :o)
  • I know the rules of football and LOVE to watch.
  • I have a very eclectic taste in music.
  • I love to dance.
  • I don't hold grudges.
  • I'm well read.
  • I become a better wife everyday.
  • I don't watch movies like a normal person. Most of the time I pay more attention to the way it was filmed than the actual story.
  • I'm great a doing little girls' hair and can't wait until Ashelyn actually has enough to do.
  • I'm emotional. Jake might tell you that's a bad thing, but most of the time I like it. I'm affected by the world and how things happen, how people treat each other or me, and by major sleep deprivation. I think it lets me stay productive.
  • I'm a happy person. I love to laugh and try to see the positive in things even when it's hard.
And just because I know I still have so much to work on... some downfalls.

  • I'm impatient.
  • I'm not good at keeping in touch.
  • I'm easily annoyed and I don't even hide it
  • I'm forgetful.
  • I stress out.
  • I shop too much.
  • I hate to exercise.
  • If we had a Wii or Rockband in our house, I would be useless.
  • I'm kind of a wuss.
  • I hate doing the dishes and cleaning bathrooms.
  • I'm stubborn.
Alright, I'm done for now.

You Might Also Like

2 Comments

Powered by Blogger.