Snowmageddon 2011 (aka SnOwMG)

4:56 PM

Well, just when we thought the last round of snow would finally melt off we got hit with a blizzard. It was actually really beautiful to watch it snowing all day yesterday. I was just thankful that we had stocked up and didn’t have any need to leave the house. The winds were so horrible (25 to 40 mph) yesterday that Jake waited to shovel at all until today. It took him 2 1/2 hours to shovel our tiny driveway and front porch/steps. I guess that’s just how it is when the snow is 12 inches deep plus drifting!! Jake and I both said we can’t remember ever seeing this much snow from one storm. It’s insane! But, it is beautiful.

The kids would NOT take no for an answer this morning, so I got them all bundled and sent them out to play while Jake shoveled. I can’t believe they played so long! It’s FREEEEEZING. But of course, they loved it and would go back out if it weren’t for the fact that all of their snow gear is still drying.

I love the snow. I’ll take snow over ice any day, plus it turns the grey/dead winter into something shining and amazing. You can’t beat that.

IMG_0303IMG_0304IMG_0312IMG_0343

IMG_0335

IMG_0336

Hope everyone is safe and warm!

You Might Also Like

1 Comments

Powered by Blogger.