,

Happy Christmas!

9:11 AM

So like I said on my uber short post I put up last night, we had the Doan Family Christmas party yesterday. Everyone was planning on getting there around 5 but after people getting stuck at work... and stuck in traffic, we managed to get up to glorious Hamilton, MO around 6:30. We ate Swedish meatballs, Jake's now-famous truffles, and drank slush until our faces froze. The kids exchanged gifts and we got our rockin' food storage presents from Jake's Mom & Dad. Seriously, a case of Mandarin Oranges!? Talk about a heavenly gift! Natalie made everyone a big jar of puppy-chow snack mix and some of her awesome recycled t-shirt shopping bags. I got a Bart Simpson one that I'll be taking a picture of. I'm in love with it! I also got a super cute apron from Jenny and all the kids got their ornaments for this year. We had such a good time and we're so glad we persevered to get there in spite of all the craziness!

Anyways... rewind a little bit!
While I was waiting for Jake to get out of the dead-stopped traffic,
I snapped some pictures of the tots...
"Gideon pose for Mommy!"
Go figure that's what he did...
He thought he was pretty funny and stayed like this for probably...
3 WHOLE MINUTES.
Which is eternity to an almost 2 yr. old.
So, I wrangled him up and snapped a picture together.
The attempts at getting him to take a picture with his sister didn't go so well. This was the only one that he wasn't pushing her over in. (Because she was already laying down.)
Miss Bit! Oh I tell you what. She's adorable. I don't care what you say.
Ashelyn Ann... again.
And finally, here's the horrible picture of us that was on my camera.
Jake's Mom & Sarah got some better ones that I'll be stealing.

Thanks for such a great time! We love you guys!

You Might Also Like

2 Comments

Powered by Blogger.